BB DC am HCG
BB DC am HCG
After three months of intense preparation the HCG was ready to welcome about 170 students and their teachers from schools in Berlin and Brandenburg.
Obviously, the HCG had a junior and a senior team as well:
Berrin (9b), Maximilian (9b), Sophie (9b), Annika (9b), Lena (9d) and Stina (9d)
Round 1: THW make debating a compulsory subject at school.
Round 2: THB that every parent should attend a puberty management class.
IMPROMPTU: THW not cheat in tests.
*) THW = This House Would… (deutsch: „Dieses Haus würde…“), die Einleitungsphrase für die Themen auf internationalen Debattierturnieren.
Round 1: THB that courts should be allowed to remove children under 16 from parents that incite hatred or violence.
Round 2: THB that every A-level student should read one of Shakespeare’s tragedies in school.
IMPROMPTU:THB that every parent should attend a puberty management class.
Helena convincing the audience that courts should most definitely not have the right to remove children from their parents …
Debating is fun!
HCG think tank preparing the impromptu round …
It is quite clear that parents should attend puberty management classes, right?
Jaime somehow seems to be bothered by the idea, though.
Lo and Cn doing … who knows …
For Nina, Karoline, Laura-Marie, Hannah, Florian, Jaime and Julian this was the final contest.
Thank you so much for 2 years of intense debating! It was a thrill working with you!
And if anyone is now wondering how HCG set up the contest …
This was TEAMWORK at its best:
- Welcoming our guests: Kaiser and Linda (both Q2)
- Catering: Leyla, Annalena, Emma, Anna (Q4) featuring different classes who did the cooking, baking and food logistics.
- Friendly ladies at the information desk: Svenja, Lisa-Marie and Lara (Q4)
- IT Headquarters: Timon, Felix and Jasmin (Q4)
- Chairs, timekeepers and runners: Stine, Henriette, Vincent, Hajin, Maximilian, Lina, Josephine, Laetitia, Konstanze, Janina, Christina, Celina, Luca, Vincent, Linus “Lewandowski“, Lucia, Philip, Antonia, Celine und Samira (Q2 and Q4)
- Responsible for dictionaries: Jonathan (Q4)
- Photographer: Maximilian (Q4)
- Stayed until the bitter end: Julian (Q4)
Pictures by Maximilian / Text by Cn